Meals in a bowl can be fun, easy, and healthy! Flavor combinations, cuisine type, breakfast/lunch/dinner… the options are endless! And if composed with balance, variety, and moderation, your bowl will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Meals in bowls are the new trend! And not a bad one! Because they can provide healthy calories, vitamins, minerals, and all the nutrients we need to keep going. And for whatever reason food just seems more interesting when served from a bowl.
If you look around in malls, shopping centers, town centers you’ll start to notice this trend…Buddha bowls, nourish bowls, smoothie bowls and acai bowls, burrito bowls, and polenta bowls, and rice and noodle bowls. If you search google or Pinterest, there are a billion recipes.
So if you haven’t already, join the fun, and make a bowl!!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- 6 oz. nonfat greek yogurt (I use Chobani Non-Fat Plain)
- 1 Tbsp. natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. wild berry jam preserves
- Handful of peanuts
- Pinch of sea salt
Mix together and enjoy!
Mexican Beef Bowls
- 4 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups lean barbacoa beef, lean carne asada, or grilled flank steak warmed
- 2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
1. In a large bowl, toss together the warm rice and fresh lime juice. Divide evenly among four serving bowls.
2. Into each bowl, place 1/2 cup beef, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/4 of the beans, 1/4 cup corn, 1/8 cup green onion, and 1/4 of the avocado.
3. Garnish each bowl with a tablespoon of chopped cilantro leaves.