- Start with leafy greens.
- Add vibrant colorful fruits or veggies.
- Power up with protein (chicken, fish, lean meat, beans, tofu, tempeh, lentils, other legumes).
- Dazzle with a simple dressing.
Balsamic Grilled Steak Salad with Peaches
- 1 lb. skirt steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. honey or brown sugar
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 c. baby arugula
- 4 c. baby spinach
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. crumbled goat cheese
- Mix steak, canola oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic and honey (or brown sugar) in a Ziplock bag and let it marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- While steak is marinating, make dressing: whisk together olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Grill steak until desired doneness (2-4 minutes per side for medium rare). Let rest 5 minutes, then slice into ¼ inch slices.
- Arrange salad: In a large serving bowl, add arugula, spinach, peaches, goat cheese, and steak. Top with dressing. Serve immediately.