It's July 4th weekend and we want to mix-up your side salad! This yummy Summer Berry Chicken and Pecan Salad is the perfect side to your festive meal!
SUMMER BERRY CHICKEN & PECAN SALAD
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 large strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 8-10 cups raw spinach or kale
- ½ cup goat cheese or feta cheese, crumbled
- Balsamic Vinaigrette, to taste (can be homemade or purchased, compare labels and beware of added sugar)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill or roast. Chop.
- In a small, dry skillet toast pecan pieces over low heat stirring occasionally until fragrant, about 6-8 minutes (optional). Let cool.
- Layer greens on a platter or plate and top with chicken, fresh strawberry quarters, whole blueberries, goat or feta cheese, pecans, sprinkle of sea salt, pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.