Does Mom like to be pampered with a yummy breakfast (did someone say chocolate?) on Mother’s Day, but she also happens to be health conscious? I have a nutritious and delicious breakfast recipe for you to make for her so that she feels special, while also feeling good about what she is eating. This recipe could also be used for dessert.
*TIP: MAKE CHIA MIXTURE THE NIGHT AHEAD FOR BEST RESULTS
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Breakfast Parfait
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup + 6 Tbsp soy milk (or almond milk)
- Sweetener of choice to taste (I used 1 Tbsp honey, but you could use maple syrup or stevia…quantity to taste)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 small banana, sliced
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips (optional, included in nutrition data)
- Other optional ingredients for Parfait: cinnamon, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries
- Combine the chia seeds and cocoa powder in a small resealable container. Pour in 1 cup of soy milk and stir to incorporate. Stir in sweetener of choice, to taste. Mix well. Put on the lid, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. The longer you refrigerate the pudding, the thicker it will be.
- When you're ready to assemble Parfait, whisk together the peanut butter with 6 Tbsp of soy milk in a small bowl. If the mixture is too thick, whisk in more soy milk until sauce consistency.
- Layer the chia pudding with the peanut butter sauce and banana slices in a serving dish or jar. Top with chocolate chips, if using, and serve immediately.
Nutrition info for 1 serving:
Carbohydrates 34 g
Fat 14 g
Protein 11 g
Sodium 93 mg
Sugar 15 g
** Nutrition info based on using soy milk. Calories and protein will be less if almond milk used**