Do your kids love nuggets? Do you cringe at the thought of them eating another nugget because you wonder about all of the horrible-no good-very bad-scary ingredients? Here is a great fish nugget recipe that you can feel good about offering, and your kiddos will come begging for more!
- 1 cup crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup crushed bran flakes cereal
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound cod, rinsed and cut into 1-inch by 5-inch pieces
- Prepared marina sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the almonds, bran flakes, wheat germ, sea salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and oregano together in a medium bowl. Crack the eggs into a separate small bowl and beat until frothy.
- Coat a baking pan with the olive oil. Dip the fish sticks first in the egg mixture, and then into the almond mixture. Place the fish sticks on the prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce as a dip.
Recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com