With kids heading back to school this month, your schedule may seem like it is running a mile a minute. Grab and go is the easiest and most convenient way to start your morning, so here at Community Education, we have come up with some simple and quick breakfast ideas that can save you time and sanity during your mornings. Planning ahead and preparing the night before is something that is extremely helpful and recommended but keeping the fridge and pantry stocked with simple grab and go items will also help save time. Eating a variety of foods is always great to decrease the chance of boredom with your meals. With breakfast we recommend aiming to include at least three food groups. This can be something simple like oatmeal made with milk with half of a banana sliced on top. Just like that you have included grains, dairy, and fruit into your breakfast and your morning is off to a healthy start. Try some of these breakfast ideas below. You can prep ahead of time and store them for the week or keep these foods ready to be easily assembled in the morning.
- Breakfast Burrito (Egg, cheese, spinach, and salsa wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla)
- PB&J Waffle sandwich with a glass of milk
- Greek Yogurt Parfait (Berries and Granola on top)
- Egg muffins made with veggies with whole wheat toast
- Prepare and dice your two favorite veggies (spinach, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, bell peppers, etc)
- Scramble 3 eggs plus 4 egg whites
- Combine veggies in muffin tin and pour in eggs to just before liquid reaches the top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.