Spotlight on Digestive Disorders
Digestive disorders come with many unwanted symptoms that can affect your day to day activities. Here at Community Education, we have heard the requests and will be starting a new class on Nutrition for Digestive Disorders on September 4th. From bloating and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) to constipation and IBS, come learn about what foods and eating plans have shown success in addressing a variety of digestive disorders.
Try this roasted pepper and pumpkin hummus for it’s gluten, nut, and dairy free deliciousness.
It makes about 15, 2 tbsp servings.
- 1 cup of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 dried chili flakes (optional)
- Remove seeds and slice bell pepper in fourths, drizzle with olive oil and place in oven for 10 minutes at 375, until edges start to turn brown.
- While the red bell peppers are roasting, prepare the rest of the dip ingredients. Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas. Measure out about one cup of chickpeas.
- Place the chickpeas and pumpkin puree into a food processor or blender. Mix in the olive oil, water, lemon juice, paprika, and cumin.
- Once red bell peppers are roasted, add them to the food processor or blender.
- Blend for 3 to 4 minutes until smooth. Sprinkle with a pinch of chili flakes for extra spice.
- Leave the dip to refrigerate overnight before serving.