Done with the stress and sensory overload of 2020? Wash it away with some soothing self-care. From a nice long bath, to a nature walk, or a homemade facial, check out some of our suggestion to start your year of with a sense of well-being.
Benefits of daily self-care
- Gain space to fully relax
- Negotiate life’s ups and downs with more ease
- Develop a deeper sense of peace
- Have more energy for yourself and others
- Feel calmly present and composed
- Limit anxiety and stress
- Be more at ease emotionally and physically
- Create a sanctuary in your home where you can sit or lie undisturbed and unwind
- Take a walk alone in a quiet, natural place
- Practice deep breathing- inhale calm and exhale tension
- Practice tai chi, rhythmic dance or yoga in your own space to release pent up energy
- Lie or sit down in a quiet room with low lighting, turn off electrical devices, and meditate/use visualization audio to let go of mind chatter
- Listen to music that you find calming.
- Stand barefoot on grass, soil or sand to refresh and balance energy levels
- Enjoy a hot drink, embrace each moment and each sip
- Explore your thoughts and feeling in a journal. They don’t have to be perfect!
- Spend time looking at photos or postcards of serene places that are meaningful to you.
- Nurture meaningful spiritual practice
- Sit in a chair in a garden, on a bench in a quiet park, or on the beach. Wrap yourself in a blanket, wear clothes to match the weather, and allow the senses to settle.
Essentials for a self-care kit
- Notebook and a pen/pencil
- Home comforts, like a blanket, pillow or loose clothing
- Body-care items, like bubble bath and hand cream. Choose unscented versions so to not overwhelm the senses.
- Earplugs and eye mask
- Tea, or a hot drink of your choice
- Soothing pictures, such as landscapes
- Meditative, tranquil music
Looking for a way to unplug and de-stress for the New Year? Check out our new class- Digital Detox.
Register here- https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_N5C-EdIKTouK8XgHdCZXEg
Try out this homemade food-based facial mask as a relaxing treat for your body. Adapted from Reader’s Digest.
Ingredients: 1 tsp plain Greek yogurt, Juice from ¼ of an orange, a little of the orange pulp, 1 teaspoon aloe
Mix the ingredients, apply to clean face, let sit for 5 minutes, then rinse with warm water.